Creating Architectural VR visualisations
(for building or facility showcase & Stakeholder Engagement)
Paramount to any design and build project is the need to showcase the proposals, convince stakeholders, placate communities, inspire investors and attract occupants !
For the last 200 years, this communication has been plans, sections, elevations and more recently 3D renders. However, technology now enables us to take the 3D BIM from Revit and efficiently convert it into a walkaround interactive visualisation : 3D virtual reality on their computer or online through a web portal.
Seeable can re-use the Revit BIM and create a simple to use , non technical App that enables the benefits of the proposed building to be showcased and easily understood by non AEC professionals. We remove the need for complex menus and navigation, requiring only a simple swipe of the finger or a click of the mouse to navigate and explore .
1. Win bids – inspire funding for the project from outline design stage through better visualisation
2. Soft Landings – enable the end users or clients to explore and understand the building in 3D, explore the space
3. Stakeholder Engagement – communicate effectively with local communities, interest groups, activists and allay fears of how a development will look, feel or sit within the wider region
4. Language Barriers – can be broken down without so much need for verbal communication
5. Occupancy – filling retail, residential or commercial office space by allowing potential occupants to see what they are buying into. Having the Virtual tour well before the actual building is built
6. Create a PR story – at presentations and creating a buzz around the development by showing the audience something they have not seen before.
Think of what your clients would wish to see, experience, communicate and then consider some of the ways you can add information, experiences or visual cues to make VR work for their project.
● Immersive VR – get immersive with Oculus Rift – feeling like you are actually ‘in’ the virtual tour. Take the mass market route and publish to Google cardboard !
● In context – take the existing 3D model or BIM of the proposed building from the Architects and using OS mapping as a base layer background to put the proposed building in context .
● 360 Pano embedding – to visualise actual site conditions or show change over time
● Teleporter – Also building in the ability to ‘teleport’ to key lecture theatres or rooms and showcase certain key features. Videos of existing lectures could be playing on a virtual screen.
● Online Repository – we can store your PC Apps online to allow you to offer secure access to download them with Usernames & passwords. Alternatively, access & use the visualisations completely online if you have a stable internet connection.
● Online Visualisation – for smaller developments, we can enable access to view your app live in a web page, with an internet connection.
● Video / MP4 embedding – play video content on the virtual wall of a building
● Snail Trail – track where users explore through a building or environment & store results to review
Once created, feedback on the app can be given via a Zendesk ticketing system. If the intended use spans more than a couple of months, then a basic support package could be agreed to account for updates in PC / Mac operating systems over time.
To sum up ?
Hopefully, you get the idea that VR applications can be as complex or as simple as you wish. They key point is that clients are able to specify what is needed and create something that is custom / bespoke / tailor made to suit their end use case.
Want to know more ? Then get in touch now to talk through your requirements to make your project SEEABLE.